Thursday, January 14, 2016

Checking in on my 30-day Challenge



One of my goals is to do a 30-day challenge each month. I expect them to be mostly fitness related, but you never know. There are a lot of fun challenges out there.

This month I am doing the 30 Days of Yoga series from Yoga with Adriene.

Currently, I'm on Day 14 so I'm roughly half-way through and I have to say - I LOVE IT!!

I don't mean to shout but seriously, I didn't know if I could find the motivation/time to stick with it, but I actually find myself looking forward to doing my yoga practice each day.  I've done yoga before so I'm not a total beginner, but it's been a while and I'm certainly not as flexible or strong (or young!) as I used to be.  But each video is super doable for all fitness levels and Adriene gives plenty of variations to the practice.  Each video is between 15 and 30 minutes and it's always mixed up, sometimes there are more stretching based moves, other times strength, sometimes abs. It's nice not to be doing the same thing everyday and it keeps me interested. Also, Adriene is awesome! I love her positive attitude and even though she is really strong and flexible, she never makes me feel weak or inadequate for not being able to do all the moves. She's really "go with the flow" if that makes sense, and just makes me feel really comfortable in the practice.

I have to say, I'm so glad I started with this challenge. It actually hits two of my goals: doing a 30-day challenge AND finding time each day for myself. I'm at the point now that while I'm doing yoga, that's all I'm doing. I'm not stopping to check my emails or take the laundry out of the dryer (which I admit I was doing the first couple of days *red face*), I'm just doing the yoga and concentrating on the positions, my breathing, and my body. It's so relaxing and even after 14 days, my husband says I seem more relaxed and I stand up straighter. Maybe I can't attribute that all to the yoga but I'll bet it makes a difference.

So I'll definitely be continuing on with these 30 days and then I think I'll continue to add yoga into each day. Adriene has a new 30 Day Yoga Camp that looks interesting.

I'm looking forward to what the next 16 days of yoga will bring!

Have a great day and namaste.

Source 


- c


*full disclosure - I don't get anything from Adriene for this recommendation. The videos are free for all and easy to access through YouTube. I just love it so much that I had to let you know.