Friday, January 1, 2016

My 2016 Goals

While I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this year, here are the big ones. I'll post an update on the last day of each month to check my progress.

1) Reach goal weight of 175.  This is roughly 55 pounds of weight-loss but spread over 52 weeks, I think it is manageable if I work hard on continuing to exercise and become a healthier eater.

2) Run a half-marathon. My husband is a runner and has run several marathons and half-marathons. I don't want to compete with him, but my weigh in showed that I need to add significant cardio to my exercise routine in order to burn fat (especially that dreaded belly fat, yuck!). I'm never going to be a fast runner, but I have had luck jog/walking in the past, so I'm going to do the Couch to 5K program to start, then move on to Bridge to 10K and Half-Marathon training programs from there. There is a half-marathon in October, so my goal is to be ready for that one.

3) Do one 30 day challenge a month. 30 day challenges are a great way to try something new and put a little excitement and competitiveness into your workout, so I'm going to set a goal of doing one each month for a total of 12 at the end of the year. The first month, I will do the 30 Day Yoga Challenge from the YouTube Yoga with Adrienne series. More on that later.

4) Spend 30 minutes a day doing something completely for myself. I'm not sure what this will look like and it might even be as simple as taking 30 minutes to do a workout, but I want to me sure to add it into my daily planning so that I do it.

5) Save $1000+ for a "me" splurge.  We are financially comfortable (not well off by any means, but comfortable enough that we can pay our bills each months and spend a little extra, which I'm extremely grateful for), but going through our monthly expenditures over the past year,I realize that I spend money on my house, my kids, and my husband, but almost never on me. I don't really have any extravagant things I want, but I'd like to put money away each month that's earmarked just for me and then make sure to spend it on myself. Find more information about how I'm saving this money here.

That's all I have for now. I want to keep it simple so I don't get overwhelmed right from the beginning, but I reserve the right to add more as the year goes on. Look for the first update on January 31st!

Cheers,

c