Monday, January 11, 2016

My Meal Plan 1/11 to 1/17

I did pretty well with my meal plan for last week, at least dinner-wise (we ate everything that was on the menu and finished up any leftovers before they went bad - I can't stand food waste!). I did move some of the lunches around, but in the end, I ended up eating most of what was on my menu. I didn't really get to any of my snacks though, which meant long periods where I wasn't eating anything (like 5 hours+ between meals), which I know is not healthy. It wasn't because I wasn't hungry, mostly it was because I got caught up in work or with the kid's activities, but this week I will try to be more mindful about eating every 3-4 hours. I know this is good for my metabolism and overall nutrition, plus it will help me from overeating at mealtime.


Here's what I'm planning to eat for this week. Remember, I'm feeding 4 people, 3 adults and a 5-year-old that sometimes eats like an adult, depending on what's for dinner.  My boys like meat and pasta and basically it can turn into a carb-o-palosa around here if I'm not careful, so I try to have a ton of veggie sides in case I want to refrain from carb overload. I'll see if I can stick to this menu. 

*note – the breakfasts, lunches, and snacks will be all for me. The boys will get something at work, school, or I will pack a separate lunch for the littlest boy that I won't list here*

Monday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – Braised pork loin, roasted new potatoes, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Tuesday
Breakfast – gluten-free toast with sun butter, hard boiled egg, fruit smoothie
Lunch – lentil soup, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – Ground beef tacos, black beans, taco fixings, salad
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Wednesday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – chicken tortilla soup (in the slow cooker!), salad
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Thursday
Breakfast – gluten-free toast with sun butter, hard boiled egg, fruit smoothie
Lunch – leftover chicken tortilla soup
Dinner – salmon, wild rice, roasted peppers, salad
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Friday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing or leftovers
Dinner – pizza, salad (maybe leftovers again for me)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Saturday
Breakfast – fruit smoothie, vanilla latte, scone (this is our day to go to coffee after soccer practice)
Lunch – leftovers with a spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – Happy hours snacks (usually chicken nachos or a hummus plate) or leftovers
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Sunday
Breakfast – pancakes, eggs, sausage (this is our traditional Sunday breakfast)
Lunch – leftovers with a spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – TBD (Sunday is Husband's choice and he usually cooks something amazing!)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Have a great week!

Cheers,

c