Monday, January 4, 2016

My Meal Plan 1/4 to 1/10

Here's what I'm planning to eat for this week. I'm feeding 4 people, 3 adults and a 5-year-old that sometimes eats like an adult, depending on what's for dinner.  My boys like meat and pasta and basically it can turn into a carb-o-palosa around here if I'm not careful, so I try to have a ton of veggie sides in case I want to refrain from carb overload. I'll see if I can stick to this menu. 

*note – the breakfasts, lunches, and snacks will be all for me. The boys will get something at work, school, or I will pack a separate lunch for the littlest boy that I won't list here*

Monday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – leftovers (we have a ton of ham and roasted veggies from New Year's Day)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Tuesday
Breakfast – gluten-free toast with sun butter, hardboiled egg, fruit smoothie
Lunch – lentil soup, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – split pea soup with ham, salad, bread (I'll post the recipe I use soon, it's delicious!)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Wednesday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, salad (I may eat leftovers instead)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Thursday
Breakfast – gluten-free toast with sun butter, hardboiled egg, fruit smoothie
Lunch – split pea soup (if I didn't eat it for dinner last night, or some other kind of soup)
Dinner – chicken fricassee over wild rice (recipe coming soon)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Friday
Breakfast – egg sandwich, fruit smoothie
Lunch – turkey sandwich on gluten-free bread, spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – pizza, salad (maybe leftovers for me)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Saturday
Breakfast – fruit smoothie, vanilla latte, scone (this is our day to go to coffee after soccer practice)
Lunch – leftovers with a spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – Happy hours snacks (usually chicken nachos or a hummus plate) or leftovers
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

Sunday
Breakfast – pancakes, eggs, sausage (this is our traditional Sunday breakfast)
Lunch – leftovers with a spinach salad with sesame dressing
Dinner – TBD (Sunday is Husband's choice and he usually cooks something amazing!)
Snacks – apples, carrots, snap peas

I hope sticking to this plan with lots of fruits or raw veggies if I get hungry between meals, combined with my exercise routine, will really help me see some results on Friday's scale!

Have a great week!

Cheers,

c